- 1). Locate the existing horn in your motorcycle engine well. You may need to remove the kick panel in order to access the horn.
- 2). Go underneath your motorcycle and find the bolt holding the horn down in place. You may need to use a flashlight to illuminate the area and find the bolt.
- 3). Fit the socket wrench over the bolt holding the horn in place and have a friend hold the horn still. Turn the wrench until the horn can be lifted off the bolt from inside the motorcycle.
- 4). Pull apart the wiring connecting the horn to the motorcycle's circuitry. The horn is now fully disconnected so you can remove it from the engine well.
- 5). Connect the wiring of the new horn to the wiring of the motorcycle. Follow the same wiring pattern as you had for the old horn.
- 6). Set the new horn into the engine well over the bolt and arrange the horn before tightening it. The opening of the horn should be facing out and away from the rider of the motorcycle.
- 7). Tighten the bolt from underneath while your friend holds it steady from the top. Put back any parts that you had to remove to access the horn.