- 1). Open the hood of the Caprice. Locate all of the spark plugs that are in the cylinders of the engine. Unplug the spark plug wires from the spark plugs by carefully pulling them off.
- 2). Follow the spark plug wires back to the vehicle's distributor cap. Unplug the wires from the distributor cap. Use the screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the distributor cap in place. Remove the old distributor cap.
- 3). Place the new distributor cap on the distributor. Use the screwdriver to install screws to secure the cap in place. Take new spark plug wires and connect them to their proper terminals on the new distributor cap.
- 4). Use a socket wrench to unscrew the spark plugs from their sockets in the engine's cylinders. Place a new spark plug in the socket and install the spark plug in the engine. Turn the socket to the right to tighten them to 12 foot pounds, being careful not to cross-thread the plug.
- 5). Connect the other end of the spark plug wires to each of the new spark plugs. Close the hood of the Caprice.