- 1). Go to your local home improvement store and pick up some color samples for any colors that match your kitchen countertops or cabinetry.
- 2). Hold the color samples next to your kitchen counters and cabinets and determine the colors that would complement your existing features. Choose three or four you think would work and make a note of them.
- 3). Purchase trial-size tins of your favorite paint colors from your local home improvement store.
- 4). Choose a wall close to the cabinets and countertops that gets a fair amount of natural light. Use a medium paintbrush to paint small sections of the wall in each of your trial paint colors and allow to dry. Apply a second coat if you feel it is necessary.
- 5). Leave the color patches on the wall for a few days and study them at different times of the day in different lights. A color you thought would look good might be too dark for your kitchen walls if the room does not get enough natural light.
- 6). Pick your favorite color from your short-list samples and purchase enough full-size tins to cover all your kitchen walls.